We’ve extended Cinco de Mayo with another salsa recipe and at only 29 calories per 1/4 cup serving this pineapple salsa is a winner. In fact, I made it twice this week.
This recipe is based on one found on the Taste of Home website.
- 1 whole fresh pineapple, diced
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped, sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced, fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients thoroughly, cover and refrigerate.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
What a delicious, healthy, low calorie treat. Of course, you have to use a little self control with those not so low cal chips!