Have you noticed the red Library Lover signs sprouting throughout the county?
Unfortunately, the worth of our libraries is being attacked by the Marion County Commission and we, Library Lovers, need to show our support of this essential county service. Let the commissioners know that you value the Marion County Public Library, their staff and services. Contact commissioners, attend meetings and plant a Library Lover sign in your yard. (If you need help getting a sign, leave a comment and I’ll get you in touch with a member of the Friends of the Library.)
10. Provide genealogy help centers.
9. Access the online resources from the comfort of your home. Use the online catalog, reserve materials, and complete research by accessing one of the dozens of databases.
8. freegal provides more than a million songs that can be added to your music library at the rate of three songs a week
7. eAudio with One Click Digital
6. Special events offered for children, teens, and adults. Check the here for the calendar.
5. eBooks can be downloaded using Freading, Open Library, OverDrive and Project Gutenberg (more than a million titles)
4. Collection contains more than 549, 000 volumes.
3. Zinio lets you download over 100 electronic editions of popular magazines.
2. Open 7 days a week.
1. Best of all – it’s free!
And as a bonus, the building is decorated with mosaics illustrating the Dewey Decimal classifications as well as what makes Marion County special.
Can’t wait to post my signs tomorrow!