With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, it seems like a good time to experiment with some new salsa recipes. On most occasions, we make Black Bean and Corn Salsa, but I’ve decided it’s time to branch out and add a little variety to our salsa tastes.
I’m making a new salsa recipe every week in the month of May, and this week, I’m starting with a traditional tomato based recipe.
- 2 cups Roma tomatoes, diced (3-4 tomatoes)
- 1 cup white onion, finely diced (1/2 large onion)
- ¼ cup jalapeno, seeds removed and minced (1 jalapeno)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (or more to taste)
- juice of 1 lime (or more to taste)
Click here for the recipe from Love Grows Wild.
This red, white and green salsa…the colos of the Mexican flag…is a good choice for a Cinco de Mayo treat.
Looking for a Pineapple Salsa Recipe for next week!