Sunday we celebrated John’s Uncle Bud’s 90th birthday, but today is his real birthday so this is written in his honor.
The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.
“The older the fiddler, the sweeter the tune.”
–Pope Paul VI
“It takes a long time to become young.”
Perhaps one has to be very old before one learns how to be amused rather than shocked.
–Pearl S. Buck
Happy birthday, Sarah!
May your 26th year be as wonderful as number 25, but really…you don’t have to pack quite so much into a single year.
A wedding and all the parties, events and work that led up to the big day.
Graduations for you and Daniel and well as new jobs for both of you.
The purchase of your first house.
You made the most of your 25th year. Hope 26 is just as wonderful!
And don’t lose your fun loving spirit!
Today’s my best friend’s birthday. I won’t reveal his age, but will say he’s older than me. Now that the cake is in the oven, it’s time recognize John with a Top 10 List.
So here it is, the Top 10 things I love about the birthday boy:
1) He loves the beach.
2) He never complains about living in a house full of girls. (Although, he’s been known to put us all in our own rooms for acting up.)
3) He cooks! Even when camping.
4) He took good care of his mother and continues to take good care of his family.
5) He’s a good sport, even when playing games that aren’t his favorite.
6) He’s a great fisherman who takes pleasure in helping others catch a big one.
7) He works hard not only at his job but at home as well.
Sign at Petal Pusher’s Florist
John’s breakfasts keep ’em coming back!
8) He knows how to walk his daughter’s down the aisle.
Photo: Vince Bickel
9) He’s a sailor and a wannabe pirate.
Decorating in sailboat.
10) He’s put up with me for almost forty years.