A year ago I downloaded Evernote, the app that promises to help you remember everything, to my computer, iPad, and phone. And while I can’t say that I remembered everything, I stayed organized throughout the wedding planning process.
Evernote allows you to create notebooks and then save notes, pictures, receipts, email, websites, and ideas. I’ve created notebooks for gift ideas, travel, orders, and home inventory; but the wedding notebook’s the one that’s kept me sane.
So how does Evernote organize wedding planning? My Wedding notebook contains:
- Forwarded emails relating to the wedding
- Pictures of ideas for flowers, decorations, and wedding dresses
- Recipes for food and drink
- Receipts, receipts, receipts…a great way to keep track of expenses as well as phone numbers and addresses of vendors
- Diagrams and directions for ceremony and reception setup
Ideas clipped and saved in Wedding notebook:
Best of all notes automatically sync between devices so I could access notes anywhere, anytime; and notes can be shared. All the advantages of paper notes and notebooks (which I love) but with added convenience since notes are always available and there’s no worry about losing papers or leaving the notebook at home on the kitchen table.
Planning a wedding or other big project? Evernote to the rescue!