- I wish it was Saturday.
- I wish school would start (and then a few months later) I wish the school year would end.
- I wish I were 10, and then 13, and then 16, and then 18…
- I wish I could get a job.
- I wish football season would get here.
- I wish it was Christmas.
- I wish it was my birthday.
- I wish. I wish. I wish.
Even as adults, we tend to wish for weekends, vacations, or even the end of the workday. And this year I know I’m going to have to slow down and take this advice.
There’s a countdown on my phone. I know there’s 289 days until the final day of school in 2015 and the beginning of the next chapter called retirement; but as the countdown continues, I’m going to try to follow my mom’s advice and live by the words of Marjorie Pay Hinkley: